Since Part 107 came into effect in the summer of 2016, UAS operators in the United States have attempted to figure out how to get FAA approval to operate over people.
These attempts had very limited success as thousands of waiver applications were rejected. All that changed this past June. Hensel Phelps, a general contractor out of Colorado, successfully secured a 107.39 for operations over people using the new ParaZero SafeAir + ASTM Professional Kit.
The ASTM compliant SafeAir System broke through the waiver barrier and has proven to be the only truly scalable solution for operations over people. In the 3 months since the Hensel Phelps waiver, a total of 20 waivers for operations over people have been approved!
ParaZero is pleased to be working with some of the most innovative UAS companies in the world. Below you will find the complete list of companies (and their vertical) that have received FAA Part 107.39 waivers using ParaZero’s systems:
- Hensel Phelps – Construction
- Beverly Hills Aerial – Photography/cinematography (this waiver included a clause that also allows flight over moving vehicles on a closed-set)
- Alaska Aerial Media – Survey/mapping
- North Dakota Department of Transportation – Government
- Verizon Media – News/Media
- Kent Moyer – Security
- Drone Masters Pro LLC – Photography/cinematography, real-estate, construction
- Aliens and Machines – Photography/cinematography
- America Rail Engineers – Engineering
- Lars Larsen – Event photography
- Burleigh County Sheriff’s Department – Government
- Cable News Network (CNN) – News/Media
- North Dakota Highway Patrol – Government
- Ryders Alley United – Media
- Mid-Atlantic Drones – Photography/cinematography
- Fox Television Station – News/Media
- Burns & McDonnell Engineering – Construction
- Helios Visions – Mapping, photography, real estate
- Eye-Bot – Survey, mapping
- Measure UAS – Inspections, construction, solar, wind
To join this incredible group of companies leading the way, learn more about the ParaZero ASTM Professional Kit click here.
To purchase the SafeAir + ASTM Professional Kit that was used in these granted waivers click here.